Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nick Jonas, President?

Nick Jonas was in Washington this week to help raise awareness for type1 diabetes, a disease he was diagnosed with in 2005. Monday, he told the National Press Club audience that he's "always had this dream of becoming president one day."

In an interview with Reuters, Nick admitted that his presidential dreams were not a joke. “As much as I joke about it and kind of say it to get a laugh, it is somewhat serious. I don’t know if it will happen.” he said. He continued to to talk about his hopes to study English and Political Science if he decides to go to college in the future.

Nick is one of the youngest people to ever attend a National Press Club meeting, yet audiences embraced his efforts as ambassador for children's diabetes. "So many fans with diabetes from all over the world share their stories and thank me for being an inspiration to them," said Nick. "It's important for them to know that they motivate and inspire me as well. I'm lucky to have a great support system in my family as well as the tools I need to manage my diabetes properly. By speaking publicly about my experience I hope to increase diabetes awareness, encourage diabetes education and help fundraising for research and other programs for kids with diabetes. The more you report about diabetes, the more people will know..."

Nick also had the amazing opportunity to meet President Obama earlier this year to speak about his hopes for diabetes awareness. Perhaps that's where he got his inspiration to someday become president. Vote for Jonas!




No comments:

Post a Comment